What is GIS Day?
GIS Day provides an open forum for users of geographic information system (GIS) technology to demonstrate real-world applications that are making a difference in Santa Clara County. It provides an opportunity to learn, share, and connect with the public about what County is accomplishing with GIS technology. We provide to our audiences an understanding of how GIS can be used, illustrated and the value of the unlimited capabilities.
GIS Day is FREE to attend both for the public and presenters, supported by County departments. We invite you to join us to learn more about the County, government agencies, private companies, educational institutions, and non-profit organizations use GIS in emergency response, social services and administration to make life better in Santa Clara County.
November 13, 2019
9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
County Government Center
70 W. Hedding St.
San Jose, CA 95110
For more information, contact [email protected]
Opening Remarks | 9:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. | Room: 157
- Bill Yock – Chief Data Officer, Technology Services Solutions
Keynote Speech | 10:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. | Room: 157
Collaborative Decision-Making Using Data Basin: We live in challenging times, environmental sustainability pressures are mounting, GIS is part of the solution
- Lee Otis - Board Member, E8, Angel investors in clean technology and sustainability
- Jim Strittholt - Co-founder and President of the Conservation Biology Institute
Business Track | Room: 157
Damage Survey Tool | 10:45 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.
- Louay Toma – Office of Emergency Management
- Graciela Hernandez- Office of Emergency Management
Public Health Open Data Applications | 11:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Mandeep Sidhu – Public Health Department
Election Administration Plan (EAP) Vote Centers | 1:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Bob Nguyen – Registrar of Voters
- Chenxi Ye - Registrar of Voters
GIS for Asset Management at Santa Clara County Parks | 1:45 p.m. to 2:15 p.m.
- Seth Hiatt – Department of Parks and Recreation
Using Spatial Machine-learning to inform Development Standards Updates | 2:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Steve Borgstrom - Department of Planning & Development
- Bharat Singh - Department of Planning & Development
- Michael Meehan - Department of Planning & Development
Technical Track | Basement
Powerful widgets in Webapp Builder using ArcGIS Online | 1:45 p.m. to 2:15 p.m.
- Lynn Zhang – Assessor’s Office
GISHUB for County's GIS Data Sharing Platform | 2:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Jason Chen – Technology Services Solutions
- Michelle Wang – Technology Services Solutions